Sunday, April 11, 2010

How to throw a wine tasting party

This weekend I threw my first wine tasting party.

Food recommendations:
French bread, grapes, lots of cheese, veggies, dip (spinach artichoke), and some mini quiches.

Wine:
Have a good variety. Cabernet, Merlot, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Muscat, and perhaps a bottle of Chocovine! Dont' forget to let your reds breathe, if you dont have an aerator on hand.

Decorations:
Grape vines, small plastic grape clusters, wine corks in bottles or glass jars.

These wine cookies:
from Baked on Etsy

I also made some cupcakes with icing grape cluster on them:


You can actually give your guests pads of paper and pens so they can take notes and write down a wine if they fall in love with it.

I also had custom wine glasses made with some wine appropriate art work on them! Adorned with hand made wine charms from Sunmoonstars on etsy



Also, I designed my own invitations. Now, as far as invitations go, you can spend as much or as little as you can afford. I ended up ordering mine in "extra large postcard form" from overnightprints.com (glossy with rounded edges). Super cute and inexpensive. If you want to go more fancy, try messageinabottle.com to have a custom message placed inside a mini wine bottle. Too cute!

1 comment:

  1. Quite nice guide on how to throw a wine tasting party. I am in love with all these details. Everything looks fabulous and very impressive for my dad’s 50th bash. It was a brilliant party that had been organized at one of his favorite indoor NYC venues. I arranged a karaoke too for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete